Adults Grieving the Loss of a Loved One
- Understanding Your Greif: Ten Essential Touchstones for Finding Hope and Healing Your Heart by Alan D. Wolfelt PhD
- The Understanding Your Grief Journal: Exploring the Ten Essential Touchstones by Alan D. Wolfelt PhD
- It’s Okay That You’re Not Okay: Meeting Grief and Loss in a Culture The Doesn’t Understand by Megan Devine
Videos and Podcasts
Pregnancy and Infant Loss
- Healing Your Grieving Heart After Miscarriage: 100 Practical Ideas for Parents and Families by Alan Wolfelt
- Understanding Your Suicide Grief: Ten Essential Touchstones for Finding Hope and Healing Your Heart by Alan D. Wolfelt PhD
- The Understanding Your Suicide Grief Journal: Exploring the Ten Essential Touchstones by Alan D. Wolfelt PhD
- The Wilderness of Suicide Grief: Finding Your Way by Alan D. Wolfelt PhD
For Children and Teens Grieving the Loss of a Loved One
Books for Children
- Chester Raccoon and the Acorn Full of Memories by Audrey Penn
- Tell Me, Papa by Dr. Marvin Johnson
- I Miss You: A First Look at Death by Pat Thomas
- Sad Isn’t Bad by Michaelene Mundy
- The Invisible String by Patrice Karst
- Whistler’s Last Song by Adam Herro
- When Dinosaurs Die: A Guide to Understanding Death (Dino Life Guides for Families) by Laurie Krasny Brown
Books for Teens
- The Healing Your Grieving Heart Journal for Teens by Alan Wolfelt
- Healing Your Grieving Heart for Teens: 100 Practical Ideas by Alan Wolfelt
Videos and Podcasts
Additional Organizations for Child and Teens
Managing Holiday and Significant Dates
Art Therapy Resources for Grievers
At Home Activities
Mindfulness Activity- Clay Pinch Pot
How to Make a Simple Mindfulness Jar
16 oz clear jar or whatever clear container with a lid is available.
Sparkles (variety, thickness and colours are your choice)
- Any clear jar will do, recycled pickle and jam jars, mayonnaise containers, and or mason jars. It only needs to be CLEAR with a LID.
- Add warm water to the jar until it is almost ¾ of the way full.
- Next pour ½ cup of clear glue into the jar
- Now add the glitter of your choice. Using a variety of different types of glitter thicknesses and or colours creates contrast.
- Next tighten the lid and give your mindfulness jar a shake. Do you like the way the sparkles are falling, does it have the anticipated affect? if not you can always add more sparkles.
- Once the desired amount of sparkles has been added to your jar, put a little glue on the inside of the lid and firmly tighten it.
- Find a place that you can get comfortable with a table or surface nearby that you can place your Mindfulness jar upon.
- Now, take a moment and breathe. Focus on your inward and outward breathing.
- Taking the Mindfulness jar in your hand give it a shake, how hard is your choice.
- Now place the jar on a table and or surface that you are able to see.
- Now watch as the sparkles swirl and slowly begin to settle
- Focusing on the visual of the sparkles and nothing else. Trying to keep our minds clear and present in the moment.