Adults Grieving the Loss of a Loved One
- Understanding Your Greif: Ten Essential Touchstones for Finding Hope and Healing Your Heart by Alan D. Wolfelt PhD
- The Understanding Your Grief Journal: Exploring the Ten Essential Touchstones by Alan D. Wolfelt PhD
- It’s Okay That You’re Not Okay: Meeting Grief and Loss in a Culture The Doesn’t Understand by Megan Devine
Videos and Podcasts
Pregnancy and Infant Loss
- Healing Your Grieving Heart After Miscarriage: 100 Practical Ideas for Parents and Families by Alan Wolfelt
- Understanding Your Suicide Grief: Ten Essential Touchstones for Finding Hope and Healing Your Heart by Alan D. Wolfelt PhD
- The Understanding Your Suicide Grief Journal: Exploring the Ten Essential Touchstones by Alan D. Wolfelt PhD
- The Wilderness of Suicide Grief: Finding Your Way by Alan D. Wolfelt PhD
For Children and Teens Grieving the Loss of a Loved One
Books for Children
- Chester Raccoon and the Acorn Full of Memories by Audrey Penn
- Tell Me, Papa by Dr. Marvin Johnson
- I Miss You: A First Look at Death by Pat Thomas
- Sad Isn’t Bad by Michaelene Mundy
- The Invisible String by Patrice Karst
- Whistler’s Last Song by Adam Herro
- When Dinosaurs Die: A Guide to Understanding Death (Dino Life Guides for Families) by Laurie Krasny Brown
Books for Teens
- The Healing Your Grieving Heart Journal for Teens by Alan Wolfelt
- Healing Your Grieving Heart for Teens: 100 Practical Ideas by Alan Wolfelt
Videos and Podcasts
Additional Organizations for Child and Teens
Managing Holiday and Significant Dates
Art Therapy Resources for Grievers
At Home Activities
How to Make a Simple Mindfulness Jar
16 oz clear jar or whatever clear container with a lid is available.
Sparkles (variety, thickness and colours are your choice)
- Any clear jar will do, recycled pickle and jam jars, mayonnaise containers, and or mason jars. It only needs to be CLEAR with a LID.
- Add warm water to the jar until it is almost ¾ of the way full.
- Next pour ½ cup of clear glue into the jar
- Now add the glitter of your choice. Using a variety of different types of glitter thicknesses and or colours creates contrast.
- Next tighten the lid and give your mindfulness jar a shake. Do you like the way the sparkles are falling, does it have the anticipated affect? if not you can always add more sparkles.
- Once the desired amount of sparkles has been added to your jar, put a little glue on the inside of the lid and firmly tighten it.
- Find a place that you can get comfortable with a table or surface nearby that you can place your Mindfulness jar upon.
- Now, take a moment and breathe. Focus on your inward and outward breathing.
- Taking the Mindfulness jar in your hand give it a shake, how hard is your choice.
- Now place the jar on a table and or surface that you are able to see.
- Now watch as the sparkles swirl and slowly begin to settle
- Focusing on the visual of the sparkles and nothing else. Trying to keep our minds clear and present in the moment.