“Let death be what takes us, not a lack of imagination” – Zen Hospice Project
Our Psycho-spiritual program is focused on providing resident/client centered care. This support is offered in collaboration between McNally House and the Niagara West Palliative Care Team. Our Psycho-Spiritual Clinician, works with residents, families and loved ones, both at McNally house as well as in the community.
Some possible reasons for meeting might include:
• Talking about anticipatory grief
• Talking about how to support children in the family
• Exploring any unresolved worries or concerns for those who will be left behind
• Learning relaxation exercises that can help you manage anxiety, grief and/or distress
• Sharing stories and memories about the resident and loved ones
• Creating special memories: Once we get to know more about the residents and their families, there might be an opportunity to plan something special (like a dinner party or movie night or anything that reflects what the resident is passionate about). Please talk to us about it, our staff and volunteers would love to help you create lasting memories with your loved ones.
• Sharing any values and exploring questions related to life, meaning and purpose
• Addressing any practical needs such as securing a POA, wills, funeral/burial arrangements
Psycho-Spiritual Services Inquiry
"*" indicates required fields
Many find it comforting to create some sort of legacy work or life’s story, and we would be happy to assist you in doing so. If you would like discussing any thoughts or concern you are having, please contact our Psycho-Spiritual Clinician at email@example.com
Psycho-Spiritual Groups and Workshops
McNally House offers a number of programs and support groups for community members with a life-limiting illness and those caring for them.
Find Peace within Illness (In-person/virtual)
A mindfulness-based group for those living with illness and their caregivers
Living with a serious illness is an ever-changing journey that can be undoubtedly difficult for everyone. This group will provide a nonjudgmental, safe space for those living with any serious illness and their caregiver to express thoughts and feelings, while holding space for others sharing their own experience. Using the principles of mindfulness, we will explore themes like hope, peace, loss, acceptance, freedom and love. The group will provide coping tools, while openly seeking sources of joy, fun and gratitude.
We are all on this journey together. Let us support you on yours, wherever you are.
Dates: Thursdays, November 10th to December 15th
Location: At McNally House or on Zoom (participant’s choice)
Caregiver’s Corner- An Online Drop-in Support Group
Caregiving for a loved one can be both very rewarding and undeniably challenging. And doing so while being asked to practice physical distancing can make it even more difficult. Join us for this online support group to connect with other caregivers in a safe, supportive environment. Share your experiences, or just come to listen, as we discuss caregiving during a time of uncertainty and isolation. Please note, you only need to register once to attend any of the group sessions. Please attend as many groups or as few groups as you like.
Dates: Every Other Thursday, starting September 8th (Sept. 22nd, Oct. 6th and 20th, Nov. 3rd and 17th, Dec. 1st and 15th)
Please contact Arthur Loik – Psycho-Spiritual Clinician (905-309-4013 ext. 33) if you have any questions, are interested in seeking support, or to register for any of the psycho-spiritual groups.
We are grateful for the support of the Turkstra Lumber Fund at the Hamilton Community Foundation